Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am beginning to think alot of my symptons are in my head. I was taking paxil for a little while and while I was on it my IBS disappeared. I recently quit and it seems to have come back. Also if I am out with my friends having a good time, I usually have no pain or cramps whatsoever. I usually feel it worst if I am just sitting around doing "nothing" when I have time to think about it.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
hi dbac, lately i have found that stress is a major factor in my ibs, if i feel calm, happy, generally content then my ibs is not as frequent as when im pissed off..What im trying to say my ibs is made much much worse when im under a lot of pressure..I can only talk about me personally and my ibs, not everyone else's

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I have mine all the time but generally stress and anxiety really make it flare up. It's not all in your head, but what's in your head can affect what's going on with your tum

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I want to share my experience, prozac which is similiar to paxil,I had been taking for years and IBS symptoms disappeared but remeber if the anxiety increases then inspite of it,symptoms can come back as it happened with me. I am taking this medicine for 12 years with no side effectsunder doctors advise.

G

·
dbac - you've hit the nail on the head - yes, yes my symptoms certainly take a "back seat" when I'm at work, pottering around with the kids, sorting out my love-sick son's love life, walking the dog, chilling in the pub, watching Johnny Depp etc etc and terrible when I'm mouldering about doing nowt. Stress plays a significant part in most people's IBS, sorry, shouldn't generalise but certainly in mine. Anxiety feeds on itself - if you are a worrier, which I am, its hideous surfing the net cos you always end up completely terrifying yourself to the nearest lunatic asylum!!Sue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.