Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here. I was diagnosed with IBS-A around the middle of November, but I had a few small stomach ulcers around two years ago and have suffered from what my doctor calls Gastritis since then. Before that, I always had severe stomach pains but my symptoms have changed to nausea, faintness and discomfort. I am undergoing testing now and hopefully I can be cured or at least become more comfortable. The last week and a half I have been very ill after taking a probiotic, but today I feel like I am recovering and it feels like I have been sick like this before. I was much, much worse when I had ulcers.I have my high points and my low points. My high points are usually between school semesters, last year I went on a cruise of the Baltic which was awesome. This year I was able to live on my own without my parents for a few weeks and in that time had a lot of fun with friends from high school. All of these adventures and moments have had interruptions with my stomach problems, but I probably won't remember those things in the years to come.Now I am a sophomore at the university here in Vegas. I am 19 and I have lived here all my life. When I get out of college, I want to do graphic design. It is a flexible career and while it doesn't pay as much, I will have room to breathe and do what I like. My family has a long history of going back to school, so if GD doesn't work out, I can always go back to school. My stomach is a problem though and I hope my doctor can give me an easy cure. I have no school for a month after finals are done, so that will be a perfect time to try different things. My brother has issues to and thinks he has IBS, but he seems to have completely mastered it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts