Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IBS symptoms are worst in the mornings, I would say they are exclusive a morning thing (weird) in the afternoon and night specially sleeping I am fine or perfect, the minute I open my eyes in the morning like magic I hear sounds and 3 or 4 days a month I get cramps that get better after BM.I have to commute one hour to work and after breakfast any given day (usually out of the blue) Ill get strong sounds and sometimes lose stools!I never have gone without breakfast to work, but would it be better to not eat nothing until late morning?? milk seems to give me more gases and sounds, bread and tea help, coffee would definitively make me have a BM or various BMs for me great for constipation IBS works wonders!!RECOMMENDATIONS for morning breakfast so I can travel safe to work???Thanks!!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Well usually for morning issues the answer is to get up an hour or so early so you have time rather than get up and go in the shortest amount of time possible.Most of the "morning only" has more to do with every human on the planet having a colon that gets more active in the morning. Everyone's colon "wakes up" around the time they do (although some people's colons like to wake up earlier than they want to get out of bed which can be a problem if it thinks 5 am is get up time and you want to sleep until 8).There is an additional burst of activity after eating, so breakfast on top of the "morning rush" can be problematic. Again eating breakfast early enough you are done before you leave can help.If you aren't having diarrhea every day a lot of the general diarrhea prevention meds and supplements may be too much and being constipated at work all day isn't really a better option.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes I agree with Kathleen. If I have to go somewhere I get up at least 2 hours before I have to go anywhere. I am really bad about skipping breakfast because I am scared to add more fuel to the fire, but I try to eat some gluten-free toast from time to time. Try to maybe make a list of "safe foods" that your body can tolerate and that you feel are safe to you as well and then eat those. Does your body react more to sugars, gluten, corn, dairy, soy? I know how hard those mornings can be! It is frustrating.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah mornings are always a problem, particularly if you have to get up early for some reason - I find in this situation that even getting up two hours before doesn't help. If your body isn't used to going till 7am and you try and go at 5am, it can be a tricky situation!Actually Kathleen, I would appreciate your thoughts on this. Can this process of getting up and attempting to go in the morning, to get it out of the way, actually do you any harm. Would it be safer to wait until your body is fully ready?Wouldn't it be great just to get up in the morning, roll out of bed and just head straight to work! I would get so much more sleep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.