Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I woke up around 6:30 AM Sunday!, Since last night having bit of discomfort (Think ate to much pizza and chocolate pudding), Then a had urgency, kind of normal stool, then stomach noises, bit of pain and mushy stools, then 3 times more but almost liquid...Last time more gas than stool and mucus....I wasn't waken up by the BM (Although I did some some discomfort during the night) it happen after I woke up but it was early in the morning????Is this standard with IBS, I guess as long as I am not weaken by BM I can keep from going back to the doctor??Thanks,

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you have a diagnosis of IBS you have to expect less than normal stools a fair amount of the time and no need to go to the doctor every time they are a bit different (as a lot of us would be going every single day in that case).The colon is most active in the morning and if you eat foods that can tend to upset the IBS (like pizza which is a problem for a lot of people) it is likely you will have more morning symptoms than usual.If you have watery stools every hour for most of the day then I would be concerned as that indicates a GI infection, but even then you usually don't need to see the doctor or go to the emergency room as long as you can maintain hydration on your own. If it is bad enough you get dehydrated then you need to see the doctor ASAP.

·
Registered
101 Posts
After antibiotic treatment lately I started having to wake up at night to go more than once, 7 or so urgent liquid D sessions in the morning, and more. I have started eating a huge container of yogurt every evening and have had 3 days of blessed relief - only 3 sessions this morning and mostly solid. No more waking up at night. Gut flora must have been hurt by the antibiotics. If you can trace your problem to antibiotics, using a strong probiotic or loading up on yogurt may help. The scary thing for me was that I moved abroad to start an 8-month sabbatical project in the middle of the flareup, but the yogurt seems to be solving most of the problem and I will not have to go home in despair (which is what I was expecting to have to do!).

·
Registered
76 Posts
That would send me into a D fit with major gas/bloating/pains within hours for sure. The oils and cheese on the pizza, and the heavy cream-like pudding...I'd be ill for at least two days. I hope your reaction passes quickly. I also rarely eat out as I'm frightened of getting a GI illness from the food and/or workers with poor hygiene practices. I've got enough troubles already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.