Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Kathleen, That is such an incredibly helpful explanation. Thank you. I am in a similar situation to Shaniz, though the diagnosis isn't completely clear yet. The tests for the obvious infectious disease causes have now come back negative, so it's looking more like IBS. A follow-up question for you if you don't mind: Like Shaniz, it seems to me like it almost doesn't matter what I eat, I get sick. Heavy and fatty foods make it worse, but so does eating a banana or a bowl of rice, just not as much. Given that stopping eating isn't really an option, and that I've already cut out the obvious like dairy, coffee, alcohol, fatty foods, processed foods, processed sugar.....well, i just can't figure out what I CAN eat! and I can't really afford to lose more weight. Do you have any suggestions for things that are usually "safe" to eat or is the solution too individualized to be able to say?Shaniz, each person is different of course, but i just started drinking lots and LOTS of ginger tea (fresh ginger put into boiling water) and it seems to be helping some. At least for right now, today. We'll see what tomorrow brings... Good luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.