Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IBS has always been somewhat mild--and for a while I was not even posting as I felt OK. Now it's back---frequent loose stools, nausea and that achy (not painful) feeling around the waistline and ribs. I feel better the days I don't have a BM. I just had another upper abdominal ultrasound and it was normal. Started taking my Bentyl again today. My question: If you take Bentyl daily will it help the stool to pass easier and cause less havoc on my entire intestinal tract? Also does fiber keep everything under control? I used it for a bit and then I quit (was using Citrucel). What do you all take for that queasy feeling in the stomach?Tania

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Bentyl will ease spasms. What effect that may have on stool passage may vary depending on how the spasms effect movement of stool through the colon.Fiber can be used to keep IBS under control. It may be worth going back on that because if it does control your IBS most of the time it is a pretty natural and safe way to do that.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Bentyl will ease spasms. What effect that may have on stool passage may vary depending on how the spasms effect movement of stool through the colon.Fiber can be used to keep IBS under control. It may be worth going back on that because if it does control your IBS most of the time it is a pretty natural and safe way to do that.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.