Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so I Love Quick trip hot chocolate. I have figured out over several months THAT when I get one and I drink it ALL the way gone to where you get the really chocolate gritty stuff at the bottom I get bad D about a half to an hour latter. BUT if I stop and leave about an inch in the cup I dont get D. It depends on their amounts of chocalte they let come out of the machine at the time. CRAZY!!!!SO today I Needed to go. A few days of not going very much and having to take Lomotil yesterday to make it through my daugther ballgames. SO I got me a hot chocolate and drank it ALL gone and bamn 30 minutes latter I am on the pot for about 20 minutes. Major D.SO SO weird. Hate IBS. ANd takes forever to figure stuff out.take careKAt

· Registered
3 Posts
Thats just it...just when you think you know what sets it off...nope...you can eat that or drink that and its fine! No rhyme or reason...! Very frustrating. I am on the downward end of the roller coaster now and wish I had the answers.

· Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been doing SO GOOD.for some reaosn I have not had bad D in quit some time. But here it came today. I am still going. I hope I stop I have a Dr's apt. tomorrow.

· Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it is just the powder with water mox. BUT it is really good. Just the very bottom where it settles and gets really chocolate and kind of gritty. If I throw it away before I get to the end I am okay.I am still going

· Registered
1,998 Posts
KitKat....that powder in the hot chocolate mix is powdered milk. When it is reconstituted with the water used for making the hot cocoa, it is milk, which is dairy. You may be more sensitive to the more concentrated form of the chocolate, sugar, milk combo that settles at the bottom of the cup.Are you taking Immodium? Maybe try the BRAT diet for a day or two in order to give your intestines a rest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.