Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel that i have thought a lot of times that life isant worth going on with ibs as it has ruined my life so so much im basically housebound now and have been for years,going out rarely or to do the shopping and that is a nightmare with the severe pain and distension,i used to be so energetic before the ibs and now all i do most days is lay on sofa with hot water bottle and watch life go by in agony feeling so old as i cant do the things i could 5 years ago,i feel if this is the way my life is then why continue in this sadness,i have suffered depression in my life but i am very sure that ibs does make life unbearable and it does make you think there is no point anymore it doesnt mean that you have a seperate depression ibs is a debilatating illness that is the worst nightmare to have to live with,at times i wish i had a life threatening illness so that at least there would be an end to the suffering or a cure so i can get better but nothing,so how can this not make anyone sad knowing that they have to live thier life this way for basically forever,it affects my everyday life i cant work i cant keep my home up together i cant do the things i want to with my kids,im always wondering if my relationship with my partner will last and feel guilty for being with him as i feel i shouldnt hold him back from being with someone thats not ill instead of being by my side watching my suffer in pain,struggleing on benefits and not even able to get dla as they dont class ibs as a illness just a syndrome,we are just left to suffer, not much point keep going to doctors cause its not taken seriously they just bung you on tablets and hope you disapear they arent the ones who have to go home and live everyday life like it,i feel like im being punished for something i havent done as every way i look at the situation its sad the pain the struggle and no happiness,my parnter cant even live with me as i cant work and am so unsure of what benefits i would get if we did live together as its not fair for the partner to have to completely financally support me i should be entitled to a certain amount of money as a person not treated like a charity case,it seems in this situation there is no way out,as i would love to live with my partner as at least that makes me smile i love him deeply but at the mo he lives so many miles away we dont see each other much,but in everyway us who suffer severe ibs have nothing to look forward to,i have gripped onto hope for pasted 5 years but what hope is there,i dont have much hope anymore.hope you are all ok,i know how much pain you are all going through,if you ever need a chat just send me a message and i get back to you as soon as i can.x

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just have to take a lot of laxatives. I kept increasing untilI found an amount that works. It's not a good solution, but atleast it helps me to keep living. I'm going to a gastro doctorin September to see what she says, but in the meantime, I'll takethe laxatives that I need to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,im not depressed my ibs makes me very sad im in pain everyday bad and i cant do much at all,plus im a single mum of 2,just looks like there is no outlook in this awful situation everyday is the same laid up in pain.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im on a lot of medication as it is im on antepsin first in morning 2 of then then lanzoprasole 1 then prozac 2 then i have the pain patch fentynl 25 which is a morphine based pain killer i have been on that for 2 years or more now plus 4 sachets of laxido and 2 bisacodyl and 1 amitriptalyne,what medication are you on?im also from uk southampton so your prob getting different medication if your from usa.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.