Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past couple of months I slept in the car--actually on the ground with a blanket at night. I had nowhere to go during the day. I hung out in parks and public libraries and at Barnes & Noble at night. Through a serious of personal issues I wont bore you with, I found myself basically on the streets for a while. But I had friends and family that cared a lot about me and helped me through it. But it was tough dealing with IBS out there. I had a circuit of public bathrooms I had to drive to. Then there is usually never any privacy in public places like that. And I have an issue with chronic fatigue as well--not real bad chronic fatigue like some poor people have, but it is there. That's a lot tougher being homeless too because you have to lay on park benches instead of a nice comfortable bed. But at least I had a car and some money instead of like some of these poor folks that just walk around with a bag and go to the various places downtown that serve flimsy sack lunches or meals. I guess I'm saying life can get to be really hard. Those of you that don't have to work and have your own bathroom you can go to when you need should really count your blessings. I'm in a monthly furnished hotel now. It's cheap, but it sure works! I thank God I'm not out there anymore. So please count your blessings if you at least have a place to stay. Dealing with this and being homeless is really tough. I'm sure there are some people that are out there right now that have IBS and are homeless. They just don't post on this board. Very difficult. I'm still holding out hope for a cure--mostly that I will be cured by the Lord. But, I'm still constantly hounded by my friends, "Did you go see a doctor yet?" All a doctor will be able to do is tell me I have IBS. I guess my friends figure I will need that if I should want to get on disability or something like that.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I am so sorry to read what you have gone through. I have often thought about the numbers of homeless who have to deal with health problems, especially given the prevalence of addictions they deal with. I'm glad you have found a place to get out of the weather. Hopefully, you will be able to begin taking better care of yourself, now. Are you still able to work, if the economy ever improves?Good luck.Mark

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark. I know that surely I can find a job somewhere. Like a lot of folks, my IBS is better as the day goes on. I know that I am well enough to at least hold down a part-time job and probably even the right full time job. So I'm optimistic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.