Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 3 years ago I had an episode where for almost 3 months I could count on 1 hand the number of times I had any resembelence of a "normal" BM..anything other than that would only result in a quarter size BM. I didn't "feel" backed up, but yet I apparently completely was. They were not able to determine anything wrong via ultrasound and xrays - just that there was a "mass" in my colon that just appeared to be backed up. Miralax was prescribed which didn't seem to do much of anything - but one day everything just went back to normal and that was that. Dr. said I probably have IBS (I imagine just because she was at a loss of anything else). Since that time I am pretty "regular", however certain foods (anything with blue cheese, etc) and sometimes it seems non food related cause me to have an immediate BM which is 1/2 & 1/2 diarrhea. Other than that, I have as much as 3 movements daily. They all pass with ease (soft, etc). This has became normal for me. About 2 months ago I started having heartburn very occassionally but without rhyme or reason (doesn't seem to be food specific), which I never got. I then noticed that I was bleeding during BM's. Sometimes it is in the toilet, or on the tissue. I can't examine well enough to see if it is in the movement itself. This was very surprising to me as there was no pain whatsoever, (I've had a tear years and years ago). I then started "leaking" some sort of discharge. This past weekend the BM's are now painful, and sometimes there is burning. Bleeding always occurs, and bleeding/discharge happens to the point that I have to wear a pad. I tried examining myself and i do not see any tears, hemmorhoids, or otherwise. The bleeding seems to be coming from inside. I also woke up to a weird pattern on my tongue yesterday (unrelated?). A white furry layer except on my right side where there it noticeably stops in an odd pattern. It does not come off with scraping, or brushing of any sort - I do not believe it is yeast. I've read that white tongue can be a symptom of digestive problems and that the sides may even be liver problems. I made an appt with my doctor, but that is not until March 23rd (soonest to get in). Although I am still considering that because I am VERY emberassed to have to see my male doctor about this. One of my friends thinks that it is IBS. I have a feeling that my dr will say that too because it seems to often be the "easiest diagnosis" for digestive issues that my dr can push off without treatment (yes I need to change drs but no chance of that happening anytime soon for other reasons).Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Does anyone have any ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.