Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here.I have had IBS for a long time and am exploring Pyschodrugs for IBS. I know both a GI doctor and a Psychaiatrist can prescribe them for you. I was wondering which one usually prescibes them in the majority of cases?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
A lot of GI doctors do prescribe them, if you have no mental health issues you need to also be treating along with the IBS (as depression and anxiety don't help), I'd probably go to the GI doctor first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you kindly, I have a diagnosis of bipolar ADD but I conquered that and am on only 1 medicine for them. I just want to be treated like a "normal" person going through this. I would rather take them through a GI Doctor. I have been through so much, if I can just find a little light I can make it.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Um I understand wanting to be treated like a "normal" person. But>>> You are a 'normal' person. Not sure who toldja you weren't. But you are.
So I would urge you, as I would urge anyone, to discuss this with ALL of their Doctors. Make sure both docotrs communicate with each other as well.All the best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts