Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to take a monent to tell all females who have been diagnosied with IBS to please see you gyn....For years I have been having pain in abdomin left side and about one inch from navel. This pain was a sharp stabbing pain along with the big D constantly and pain when having bowel movements. After years of seeing a GI doc and no answers I was telling my GYN who apperantly has heard of this often and had heard the diagnosis of IBS. Within three days he had me in for a laparoscopy and found endometriosis eveywhere in my abdomin and along my bowel. He removed all that he could that day and put me on hormones. I have not felt so good in years... So please... if you feel that someting is wrong, you know your body, dont just take their word. GO SEE A GYN for a second opinon....If you have any questions for me please feel free to write and I will be happy to answer regarding the issues that I have had.Good Luck everyone!Mandi

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's so great that you have found relief. I just wish there was a way to diagnosis endometriosis without going through a surgery! I considered having one in the past, but my symptoms became controlled, so I wasn't about to mess with that

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm seeing my gyn every 6 months, I have tests done and untrasounds and so on...so I doubt I have anything wrong going on down there.It is really good you found what the problem was! ....it is also very good that it wasn't IBS
...One question though: how old are you? Do you have any kids?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Im glad you found what your problem was =) only problem is IBS is mistaken for alot of tummy upsets ect, my bro was diagnosed with coeliac when he was about 4-5 years old, but it took the doctors 2 years to tell my parents why is was ill, and all doctors and tests kept saying it "just ibs" it wasnt until my parents took him to hospital numerous times and demanded new tests, that they figured out what it was. i do believe ibs is generalised too much, its like a word that the doctors use too much, and dont really know much about it..which his a shame. there needs to be more awareness to other illnesses which may have SIMILAR symptoms

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.