Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There:I'm incurably myopic. And my glasses aren't helping (despite their thickness). Anytime my IBS takes a turn for the worse I can't seem to look at my problems in perspective. I can see their current effect on me (e.g. I think I'm dying) but it's hard for me to see them for what they are: little obstacles on a path which, more often than not, is well-cleared.Am I alone? Maybe I should promise myself to not get worked up about anything 'till I've given it a couple days (and so avoid jumping to wildly irrational conclusions). I don't know. Luckily my myopia works both ways: when things are going good I can't imagine that they'll ever take a turn for the worse. (But then they do and ...)Gastron

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Gastron, do try and find the path ahead. When I turned 50 I wasn't sure if my digestion, cholesterol, or nodding off while driving was going to kill me first. I just know something would, and probably sooner, rather than later.I am now 58, have no gastric problems, normal cholesterol, lots of energy, and have returned to the gym (after 40 years!) and a weight I held in my 30s. I'm planning on taking up tennis when I retire! Don't give up.Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts