Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh what a day! My husband arranged for a handyman to come by today and fix our shower (it was leaking). My husband told me he was just coming to take a look, give an estimate, and would be doing the work another day. Fine. Well, he gets here and starts taking things off and talking about buying parts etc. I asked him about it and he said he lives too far to go back and forth! SO, I was COMPLETELY unprepared to have my water shut off. I hadn't taken any meds or anything as I was just staying home. Well, the minute he shut the water off, I started panicking! And as I started panicking, my stomach starts churning. I remembered the Burger King lunch I had eaten a few hours ago and panicked further! I knew things were not looking too good. He said he needed to run to the store, and I bolted downstairs. Praying that I could get one good flush in! (luckily it flushed fine that once). Then, I took 2 imodium and felt great. About an hour later though, I started getting stomach pains. He was taking FOREVER to finish and was still here, which caused more anxiety. I was hoping that it was nothing, but it was soon proving to be something after all! He went to turn the water on to check the shower, and I bolted to the downstairs bathroom, did my thing ,and flushed quickly before he could turn it back off! Well, right then, he comes RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR and starts talking to me! Describing everything about the shower etc. I mumbled something and hoped he left. Nope, he waited RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR for me. Who DOES that?! Good lord! I hope he didn't smell anything! So, then he turns it off again and the water ended up being off for 5 hours! I made it through the day at least! The imodium seems to have finally kicked in about 2 hours after I took it, but I was still panicking about that darned water being turned off! Anyway, what's funny about these horror stories is that everytime I end up getting through a tough time, I'm sort of glad for it. Like, hey, the worst happened (well the almost worst, an accident would be the ultimate worst!), and I lived to tell the tale.

·
Registered
894 Posts
lucky you have 2 baths, I only have 1! But, I have bushes outside, have used them a time or 2. And have been known to use the cat's litter box. Do what you have to, I say. Since you have an extra bath, you may want to keep a few gallons of water set aside in milk jugs, that'll give you a flush (pour directly in the bowl). Give it a test run when you don't need it to see how it works, then you'll be ready should the need arise. A solid pour makes everything go down. Knowing you're prepared makes the anxiety easier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lucky you have 2 baths, I only have 1! But, I have bushes outside, have used them a time or 2. And have been known to use the cat's litter box. Do what you have to, I say. Since you have an extra bath, you may want to keep a few gallons of water set aside in milk jugs, that'll give you a flush (pour directly in the bowl). Give it a test run when you don't need it to see how it works, then you'll be ready should the need arise. A solid pour makes everything go down. Knowing you're prepared makes the anxiety easier.
We actually have 4 baths! That was one of my favorite things about the house when we were looking! Most women want a big kitchen. Not me, just give me a bunch of bathrooms! He is coming back tomorrow. Something wasn't done right. I am putting aside jugs of water and hoping that he doesn't talk to me in the bathroom again! God how awkward that was! My husband doesn't even do that!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lol, I was anxious just reading this story. I'm glad it ended fine though. It's kind of nice reading about others' bad IBS days, makes my feel better/thankful about my decent day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.