Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 19 and I was diagnosed with IBS-D and lactose intolerance when I was a little kid. I've had 2 colonoscopy's already in my life and they haven't shown colitis or any other disease. But after reading over IBS symptoms, I'm not so sure that's what I have anymore. Many times doctors just diagnose someone with something to 'get them off their back' so to speak... I know I'm lactose intolerant, but IBS I'm not so sure about. Certain foods don't seem to bother me like they do most people with IBS... other than milk I can eat about anything and be fine... until in the morning, then I have D once, twice, or sometimes 3 times. But then for the rest of the day, I'm fine. Excessive gas is a problem with cramping and bloating usually at night and when I first wake up. I've been reading about wheat and gluten intolerance. I'm just beginning to have second thoughts about the IBS diagnosis... anyone have any ideas?? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, usually my days are similar to yours though I cannot eat pork or stuff with lots of fat. But my sympthoms are pretty similar to yours and it is definitely ibs, not as serious as other cases but ibs anyway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay thanks guys... I'm going to try an ibs diet... I've never done it before because I live with family that does all the cooking, but if it would help me I'd stick to it so I'm going to give that a try. Thanks again guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.