Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saw my doctor for IBS, he ordered some kind of blood test to check the "absorbtion of food". i did a reaserch on the internet because i never heard of a blood test than can detect unnormal absorbtion of food, and i found out about Celiac Disease which has symptoms very very similar to IBS. And it is really diagnosed first by a blood test.Have you heard about it, what do u think?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I was tested for Celiac Disease and also for Crones. I think the crones (not sure if I am spellig this right) is found by taking a sample of tissue when they do a colinoscopy. I have neither. Sometimes I wish I had one so they could find a medication that works. Good luck

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000233.htm has some info about tests (which may be the ones you had done). There is some symptom overlap with IBS and Celiac. Celiac is rarer.Celiac has no treatment other than a gluten free diet.Kitkat there are medications to treat IBS, if your doctor won't treat you with anything you may need to find another doctor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.