Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may have read, I'm suffering from uncontrollable and constant gas. I have not been diagnosed by a doctor so I don't even know if I have IBS. (I have had an upper GI and barium tests; all came back OK). I've been doing some reading and I'm wondering do I have fecal incontinence. On the website, http://www.aboutincontinence.org/,[/URL] I says the symptom of fecal incontinence could be, "Frequent or involuntary passage of gas (flatus) without loss of fecal material". This describes me exactly. Is this my problem or is it something else? Anyone with the same problem? Have you been diagnosed as having IBS or something else? Are you receiving treatment?Thanks.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but on the website you posted to the URL to it actually says:
quote:Frequent or involuntary passage of gas (flatus) without loss of fecal material, while not clinically defined as incontinence may also impair a person's quality of life and warrant treatment.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but on the website you posted to the URL to it actually says:
quote:Frequent or involuntary passage of gas (flatus) without loss of fecal material, while not clinically defined as incontinence may also impair a person's quality of life and warrant treatment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.