Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will try to be as brief as possible. On April 18th, I had a couple of pieces of pizza. On the 19th, in the afternoon, I got this stomach pain so bad I almost dropped to my knees. It felt like somebody was stabbing an ax right through me. It was between my ribs where they curve. It would pulse and come in waves. It also wrapped completely around me and was in my back.I was not running a fever, did not vomit, no profuse sweating, just intense 10 plus pain.It kept coming in waves for at least a half an hour and then subsided. However, my stomach stayed extremely sore to the touch, I was nauseous, food made me sick.Here's what is also wierd. I lost the urge to go to the bathroom. I didn't go for over a week. I would go in and sit down and stay there. Absolutely nothing. Finally I took a laxative and got mostly water and floating orange oil.Ever since I have no urge and I am extremely sore to the touch.I gave up on my gastro as my last visit he told my husband "well some people just need to be reassured. there's nothing wrong with her, it's just ibs." That caused a great deal of trouble for me as now my husband throws that up every time I say I'm sick or won't eat.My entire abdominal cavity seems to be sore but mostly under both ribs and where my ribs curve in the middle. Also, I am a lot of flatulence -- way more than I normally do.I have to eat extremely low fat, which I am doing as I found out I have an enlarged heart and have to loose 70-80 pounds. I am on prevacid and bp medications and that's all.I drank a glass of milk this morning and did have two bowel movements (literally filling the toliet), and I felt better, still sore, but better.Has anyone ever had attacks that come in waves like this, like a pulsating sensation?I've gone to the ER so much I feel I just can't go back. I'd rather tough it out at home.And yes, colonscopy in January, bloodwork, etc., tons of it. All normal.My gastro did give me robinul forte but it gives me a massive headache, dry mouth, and dizziness.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I have had pulsating - stabbing - excruciating - nerve type - take your breath away - stop walking & talking - 10+ type - IBS pain. IBS pain can be severe. Here is some info about Pancreatitis:http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pancreatitis/DS00371I imagine if you had pancreatitis it would show up in blood work. Robinul Forte info:http://www.drugs.com/mtm/robinul-forte.html So you see your side effects could be kind of expected. How about asking your Dr for an antispasmodic. I find they can take the edge off of the pain. (SOME people also experience a dry mouth with these as well. I don't find it intolerable... but some people do.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
The whole GI doc thing has been a challenge for me as well. I have had gastric bypass and they don't really like to deal with that. But it sounds like your situation is equally discouraging. I have one more "wonderful" GI to try but am almost afraid because if he can't figure it out, what do I do next?Husbands do have a hard time with this. Mine will occasionally say "but they can't find anything" as if that should make the pain vanish!!Sorry to hear you feel so bad...I think you need a new GI or two or three!!I also go to Pain Management...which at least gives me some relief.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OMG i have exactly the same pain and too thought that. The first time i had it i thought i was going to die and thought something was going to explode inside of me and was rushed to see the doc who then gave me different antibiotics (as i was severly ill with a kidney infection) and didn't know what it was . I have only experienced it twice and the second time was recently and i had been to the docs days before with pain in my lower back etc and they said it might be kidney stones or infection and then gave me antibiotics, then the pain came back and it was just like before bottom of my ribs in the middle going through to my back and the pain leaves you hard to breath, but i have found that a hot water bottle or hot shower, bath REALLY relieves the symptoms. Plus this whole time i had more gas than ever (don't really get gas) and now keep pooping loads and still feel pressure and keep urinating. Going back to docs as so fed up of getting ill, but i feel your pain grrrrrrrrrrrrr xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.