Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - I haven't posted on an IBS board for a long time, although a few years ago this was the only place I could find some encouragement and support. Here's the story - the usual symptoms - nausea, diarrhea, pain, gas that were getting progressively worse from 1990 to 1995. Tried all the diets - no wheat, no dairy, high fiber, etc., and tried all the OTC medications that did nothing. Was tested for bacteria, parasites, etc, and finally had two colonoscopies (by different doctors) that showed nothing. Diagnosis - "IBS". Treatment - "Just live with it." Finally lost a good job that took me 20 years to get, because I couldn't stay off the toilet long enough to do my work any longer. The diarrhea just got worse, couldn't leave the house, couldn't make it to the bathroom half the time. But other things were going wrong, too - hair falling out by the handful, severe fatigue, weight GAIN, painful aching muscles and joints. Everything I had read up to that point said 'hypothyroidism' - EXCEPT that hypos usually have constipation. Long story short - some hypos do have diarrhea.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.