Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...as some of you are proberly aware there is alot of germs n bugs going around..my mum has had a jippy tummy n bowels last few days, with like gripey pains near her belly button. now when ive eaten sumit which my body now dislikes i awlays get that..but ive been gettin pains more often now..like ive had my breakfast and a snack not solong ago, but i appear to have pains still.. ive totallt forgot over the last few months what its like to have a bug because all the pains feelthe same to me... anyone else have this problem..!? i have an awful cold too making me feel worse!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The cold doesn't help and could set the IBS off.Usually a stomach virus or food poisoning bacteria would cause severe diarrhea usually every 20-60 minutes for at least several hours and can last up to a week.They don't tend to cause just a bit more pain than usual.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah...my mum hasnt had diorreah from what she said just upset tummy! and went to the loo as usual n said it wasnt pleasant but she doesnt go anymore than usual, but been feelin off for few days! Colds can set IBS off!? what the hell..jesus..not much that doesnt LOL i have an interview tomorrow n feel utter #### atm, but not been well sicne i had this cold tbf!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Every other illness is a physical stress on the body.Your body reacts to stress, any stress, physical, emotional, mental, etc.Stress always makes every disease worse. It never makes anything better. I mean when have they ever said that what will cure you is to stay up too late, get up too early, and do too much physical exercise while not eating or drinking enough. It is always get more fluids and plenty of rest.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yh...just gettin fed up now..im doing everything my gp said too..no point going back, i found milk gives me griping pains..i guess it could take time until my body settles down..on nasty soya milk..but i still seem to get a few pains after i eat things..maybe its because my insides are still inflamed..who knows. i just wish it didnt happen..i miss my old self..ive lost all my confidence...my loud n leary attitude..
i hope staying off the milk is the start to my recovery..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts