Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what the pain people here feels like when they have trouble with their IBS?When mine is acting up it sometimes feels like a period type pain with bloating added. i also get a pain in my back similar to my period pain, although i am unsure as to weather this is caused by my pill :/also, i started off with pain and lose *but not D* bm's when i was diagnosed but then the pain gradually faded to only occasional and i suffered on a daily basis with the lose bms for about 6 months...until i cut bread, diet coke, certain cereals and crisps totally out of my diet. since i did this i have formed bms which arent half as bad as they were before, yet i do suffer still with bloating etc.i just wondered if anyone has the same or if anyone thought it could be something else?im seeing a gastorentorologist next week for some tests for celiac disease amongst other things. if i had something serious would my symptoms have gone away after a diet change?im rather confused and hope someone can help please?x

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
While IBS has the pain and the stool consistency issues going together, some people may be able to control only some of the symptoms with diet or supplements or whatever. The loose stool is not causing the pain or bloating directly (more what is wrong causes all the symptoms, not one symptom causes the other ones) so you may be able to normalize that with one strategy but still have to use something else directed at the pain to control it. And some people find something that controls the pain, but still have stool issues.If your bloating is more severe and changes from coming and going to all the time consistently, and you are female, you may need to have the ovaries checked out as they can cause bloating but it usually is more consistent (so 24/7 rather than worse after meals) and usually more severe.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
My pain is a lot like bad cramps too, and quite often it lasts for a long time even after I've had a BM.At times the pain gets so bad it doubles me over and makes me break out in a sweat, and I feel very fatigued afterwards.So, my pain varies, and at times it gets severe enough that I feel as tho I could pass out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.