Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been suffering from lower left-side pain, usually a dull ache for most of my waking hours. The pain comes shortly after waking in the morning and for the last few weeks usually lasts until I go to bed at night. I have been an IBS sufferer for over 20 years and my last colonoscopy in July showed nothing abnormal. How do people deal with this chronic pain problem?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, I use Bentyl when I'm really suffering but not everyone is helped by it. Getting on a high fiber diet has helped too since I'm not having as many attacks. I also found through a food diary that fruit was causing me terrible problems and that helped eliminate some of the pain. Good luck, you'll get good advice here. Jackie

·
Registered
661 Posts
Mine starts about 1 hour after I get up and lasts till I go to bed! I'm okay as long as I'm sleeping!!! I've had this for 3 years now with a few months here and there with total relief!!! I have found only klonpin or valium to work for me. Hmmm, could this be stress?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mostly try to prevent episodes or attacks because I haven't found much that is useful once an episode or attack starts. A few things do seem to listen the severity of the attack - peppermint or ginger tea - but haven't found a real workable solution to the pain.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the pain is dull, I usually massage the area with both hands - clockwise if I'm C, counterclockwise if I'm D. With me it appears in the morning every now and then but after I do that and take fifteen long breaths (making sure to fill the stomach so you can feel the "pain") it goes away until the next morning or the next episode.If I ever feel any sharp pain, I'll just lay in bed with a heating pad for an hour. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't.------------------"It's no use worrying about the things you can solve; no use worrying about the things you can't."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.