Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using Zerlorn tablets oncedaily (itappears not to work on male, take fiber choicetablets daily, drink water (not as much as I like, eat whole wheat bread, and it seems mystool will get stuck in the colon, and createbowl gas....I wear pads, and using wipes. Any other ideas that might work.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It seems like I have the same thing.My stool does get stuck but I haven't talked to my doctor about Zelnorm (And my mother who is a pharmacist has convinced me that it will probably do nothing, which I would generally agree on.)What do you mean by Pads?Something that I found helps me is to avoid all wheat (including whole grain) because it just constipates me.So for example on a daily diet:Breakfast- A glass of tea/Orange Juice/Water and eggs or anything that is quick and non wheat. I've tried eating oatmeal but it basically has the same effect as wheat.Lunch- Some type of meat (Chicken most likely) Along with some potatotoes and vegtableSnack- More vegtables (Not tasty).Dinner- Probably loading up on More vegetables and water and the same choices of food you ate for lunch.This should help you with the bloating, but the biggest problem with be getting in enough calories per day, which you would probably have to rely on milk products(Assuming you can digest these fine and meats/nuts. Corn and rice to replace wheat products.)I'm being serious when I say try avoiding all types of wheat. They are not good with IBS.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes folks I would agree also that if you cut out wheat like bread from the diet it does help. I have cut out bread from my diet for the past week and I find a difference in the gas problem too. Well we will see how it goes.It is hard to know what to replace it with, maybe more fruit and vegetable helpings would be an idea to try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.