Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been diagnosed with IBS. I have been suffering with D symptoms for many years. I was given Questran 12 days ago. I am taking 3 packets[ 4g.each ]a day, so far I have noticed some change but now I have really bad cramps. Can anybody tell me if this is normal and how long does it take for the Questran to work.CKerk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry you didn't get any replies yet, ckerk. I wasn't sure how to answer. I assume you mean regular stomach cramps, not female type. I did not get cramps except slight ones when it was time to go. I am taking Colestid, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I started with 5 grams morning and night and increased it, slowly, to 10 grams. I noticed a change right away in the number of visits to the bathroom and consistency (no D.), but it did take a couple of weeks to get the dosage right. I also got some slight headaches at first, but they went away. I sure hope it works for you. Keep us informed. Best Wishes, Kelli[This message has been edited by KRoth (edited 06-08-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.