Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 31 years old. I've never had anything like this happen before in my life. I've always thought of myself as healthy and then....gurgle..cramp..bloat..painin my stomach. It feels as if there is a knife turning in my stomach and I'm down for two days.I'm enduring my fourth episode in 3 yearsI think mine is stessed related and not food related Any advice on how to deal with this in the future and avoid. Anyone.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I think we all have "good" and "bad" times. For me my IBS is also stress related a lot of the time.It sounds so good to read, but very hard to practice. Life will always have parts you have little control over to stop the stress. I have a constant struggle with mine. I try to read a lot to "escape" or swim when I can. Some people use yoga; or hyno tapes (there is a section on it in the BB) or other ways. Peppermint tea helps calm some too...I can only have a bit b/c it causes worse D in me after a cup.I'm sure others will reply soon too and offer their advice. Remember to try it all...what works for one person won't for another. The big thing is to remember to talk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts