Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor has told me that I have IBS, tho I have been reading this BB and I have some questions about the symptoms. I think i am D predominant, but I notice alot of ppl with D have it throughout the day, ppl mention having to visit the bathroom 10-15 times a day etc...My symptoms are like this: I wake up in the morning, usually feel pressure to have a BM or i'll feel the urge to go within 10-30 mins. Usually the BM is formed and normal, tho maybe 25% of the time it's quite soft, verging on loose. After my initial BM i'll feel the pressure again within 30-60 mins, and it's always pretty soft, snaky, smelly, hard to clean up. Then often it can progress to another BM that is very loose. This usually clears itself up by about noon and I never have any problems in the afternoon or the evening.So do ppl with IBS have D/loose BM's all the time? My first BM is usually normal and formed but it gets messy after that, does anyone else experience this? Actually I would be ok with the non-normal BM's except they can get uncomfortable, i have felt spasming that just won't stop for 5 mins, sometimes the D is difficult to pass, it must irritate my passage b/c it makes everything down there feel raw. Do alot of people have D without any discomfort? Gosh I have alot of questions I know... I just don't know anyone else who has IBS or bowel problems that I can ask!Thanks, Jayne

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Many have loose BM's just in the morning, or just after meals.The severity ranges from having symptoms every so often (like a few times a month with more good days than bad days) to people who have almost continual issues.Many people alternate between D and C so they may have times with many BM's a day and other times with many days between BM's.Usually IBS D has discomfort with it, usually not just feeling raw. Truely painless diarrhea is more often than not something other than IBS.Some people's skin down there can get more irritated from the D than others, it can vary quite a bit.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Many have loose BM's just in the morning, or just after meals.The severity ranges from having symptoms every so often (like a few times a month with more good days than bad days) to people who have almost continual issues.Many people alternate between D and C so they may have times with many BM's a day and other times with many days between BM's.Usually IBS D has discomfort with it, usually not just feeling raw. Truely painless diarrhea is more often than not something other than IBS.Some people's skin down there can get more irritated from the D than others, it can vary quite a bit.K.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Same thing happens to me, poops for 3-4 hours in the am after I get up. Then I'm better for the rest of the day till it all starts over again. My poops are usually normal but can start out that way and get looser and looser with each time.My bum can get so sore, raw and burney (i have roids too) I told my gastro about it I guess its within the abnormal "normal" IBS profile which is so variable for people. I hate not being able to go out for 3-4 hours once I wake up.Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Same thing happens to me, poops for 3-4 hours in the am after I get up. Then I'm better for the rest of the day till it all starts over again. My poops are usually normal but can start out that way and get looser and looser with each time.My bum can get so sore, raw and burney (i have roids too) I told my gastro about it I guess its within the abnormal "normal" IBS profile which is so variable for people. I hate not being able to go out for 3-4 hours once I wake up.Hope this helps

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Some people do have that pattern with IBS. Kinda like once it gets going instead of stopping when the ready to go BM is out the colon goes into flush mode.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Some people do have that pattern with IBS. Kinda like once it gets going instead of stopping when the ready to go BM is out the colon goes into flush mode.K.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I can be C, D,narrow stools, hoses all in the same day, sometimes evenn in the same "episode". Its one of the things that bothers me the most about IBS, BUT its better than I used to be. My GI knows this about me and its not abnormal for one with IBS. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I can be C, D,narrow stools, hoses all in the same day, sometimes evenn in the same "episode". Its one of the things that bothers me the most about IBS, BUT its better than I used to be. My GI knows this about me and its not abnormal for one with IBS. Hope this helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts