Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had IBS since birth, I even got severely ill when my mother ate chocolate when breastfeeding. I'm 20 now, and most people I know developed it around this age, I was just wondering if anyone else has had it since birth. They never wanted to diagnose in me because I was so young, and I'm relieved to know now, but I feel like there is no one (no offense to other IBS sufferers who didn't have it at birth) that is like me. Stress is 95% my problem and I obviously wasn't too stressed out at birth, so I just wanted to know if I had anything in common with anyone.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Peachy, birth is one of the most traumatic experiences you can go through. There are children born with shingles. Another nerve disorder. It's not an emotional stress but physically and chemical stress that your exposed to. Well, maybe emotional. Just think your little pod that you were birthed into is now pushing you out. Forcibly out of the only place you know. The one place in your entire life that could only be a true home. You can here your mother's voice. You get food whenever u want it and if u don't like it Mom has to get rid of it. And she will never blame u for it either. She'll always blame herself for not eating right. Just remember the mind and the gut are interchangeable. You can't live without the other although u'd pay real to do so <g>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts