Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has been suffering from IBS for about 13 years now. At first it was diarrhea a few times a week, which she could handle and control with Imodium. As the years progressed so was her illness. Now it is constant diarrhea along with abdominal pains that could go on for hours in the day. She has seen many doctors and they have done colonoscopies and many other test, but the only response we get is "I am sorry there is nothing we can do". She is taking some medications to try to control the symptoms, but there are not much help. I see her every day go through this torture without knowing what to do, except for trying to make comfortable, giving the medicines, etc... She drinks a mixture of chamomile and mint teas and it sometimes gives a partial relief. I do have to mention however that there are times where she go two or three days without any diarrhea or abdominal pains, but those are rare occasions. I know many of you have gone through the same, and that is the reason I join this support group, to try to get some feedback with alternatives of how I can help her. Thank you all for the patience in reading my posting and hope to hear from any of you soon.JJ

1 - 1 of 1 Posts