Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can understand your suspicions and concerns, so I will do my best to answer the issues raised.Firstly, my firm is not a marketing company, but a consultancy firm which includes market research in all its forms, to help clients make marketing decisions. Therefore the reason why my client has employed us is to understand from an IBS sufferers point of view the steps he/she would take in order to find relief and why they switch from one path to the other. This information would help them in ensuring that their drug in development would address the deficiencies in current treatments.To answer the question why pharma companies can't get to the root cause: this is because as the term suggests, IBS is a syndrome, and so it is the result of a number of causes and not just one, making diagnosis difficult. By cooperating in surveys such as these, you can help pharma companies target diseases more quickly and efficiently.For those of you who have visited my company's website won't find IBS or this survey mentioned because all our client projects are highly confidential. You will find my earlier request for volunteers on another bulletin board because the more people are aware of this survey the more people will respond, and so I can achieve my target of about 20 volunteers.I hope I have answered the queries raised and can expect some more volunteers to come forward. For those who have volunteered already, I thank you for your cooperation and I will be in touch very shortly.SincerelyBorun Majumdar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if you want our point of view all you really need to do is spend the day reading the posts on the message boards you are visiting i think you'll find all our strenghs and weaknesses that we care to share with anyone are listed. Please don't take this the wrong .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with rockcandi. I see no need for a formal contact with folks. You could either glean what you want from the board entries or construct a simple survey and I think you'd find people willing to contribute. We really like our privacy and that means anonymity.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all: I just completed the survey at issue here-- very painless and took about l0 minutes. It is not the type of survey that he can complete from the information on the board as it is currently posted. It is for each of you to decide whether or not to participate, but I thought I would share with you that I feel this is a sincere effort to help us and others like us. Why not take a look at the gentleman's survey and decide for yourself? There are no embarassing questions.------------------"Do not go gentle into that good night" JANICE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi JoeJoe, The address for the survey is: bmajumdar###frost.com It's chiefly a pharmacology survey and I felt very comfortable with it, and especially Borun, who was very appreciative and gracious in his response to me. The survey doesn't ask for real names, addresses, or any of that---- as an RN/lawyer I am always wary to a degree but also feel that we IBS'ers have to "come out of the closet" a little bit if we are truly to help ourselves and others like us. I am a person who happens to have IBS, but I'll be damned if I will let this illness define my existence. Belonging to these boards has given me some courage to tell my friends, etc that I have this illness---I am starting to be candid about this, and even had one friend respond "I think I have that, too!" I don't want to be the poster child for IBS but I sure want to beat this thing...it has beaten me up too long already! I went off on a tangent here--sorry Joe!! I just wanted to suggest to the board that they request the survey from Borun at the above address, and if they are comfortable with it, to complete it and send it back. If not, do nothing. I don't think we have anything to lose here. Well, I'm off to Friendly's for a greasy burger----I don't like Wednesday nite TV anyway! I've been really sick with IBS all day----I guess I am pushing the envelope a bit! I hope all my fellows here are having a good day, and I'll chat with you all later!!!! Prhaps I should change my sign off tag to "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers".------------------"Do not go gentle into that good night" JANICE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ALSO REQESTED THE SURVEY. I DIDN'T REALLY REPLY TO HIS QUESTIONS AS ASKED--I JUST ANSWERED AS BEST I COULD IN A SHORT NARRATIVE. HE WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE OTHERS ON THIS BOARD RESPOND. IF HE CAN BE OF HELP, I CERTAINLY WOULD BE GRATEFUL.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just finished the survey. Seemed like no problem, and I'm trusting they'll be no spamming.I'd actually like to know what the result of the survey showed, because it describes the treatment pathway that IBS sufferers have followed in an effort to get relief from symptoms.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am hoping we get feedback on this survey, too, Joe. My hunch is that most of us on these boards have started with traditional therapies, and have ended with herbal/alternative treatments. Had "traditional therapies" worked for me, I know I would not have ventured into cyberspace for answers!!------------------"Do not go gentle into that good night" JANICE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just moving this survey up to the top again--I'm hoping a few more will participate and we can learn the results.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jessica--I was going to e-mail you about the survey but your e-mail address is not available by icon. To get the survey just let Borun know--see the three icons at the top of his post--click on the middle one (flying letter), and a" write mail" comes up with his address inserted. You can contact any of the rest of us having that box, also. That is how Borun originally got in touch with me after I said I would be the first on this board to do the survey--he clicked on my "write mail" icon and found me. Hope this helps...I know he will appreciate your assistance.------------------"Do not go gentle into that good night" JANICE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts