Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been diagnosed as having IBS and have been having a problem with it over the past few days. today I have had stool mixed with mucus but at one point had only mucus that was a yellowish-green color with blood in it. Also, it came on without my conrol. Is this a typical symptom or should I go see my doctor about it?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually if something is more severe or new to you I recommend running past the doctor (at least call and speak with the triage nurse at the office to see what they think).Small amounts of bright blood are usually anal irritation. Mucus is also usually a response to irritation. The yellow greenish color might (big might) be a bile balance issue. Producing more than you recycle, so something like Questran (especially if you tend to diarrhea most of the time) might be something to look into. It binds bile and is sometimes used for diarrhea prone IBS. Some people on the board also seem to have luck controlling bile issues with Calcium Carbonate (300-600 mgs with meals) but again this is mainly for people who are diarrhea predominate.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.