Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In April I had the standard operation to correct a hiatal hernia (and the GURD that goes with it).As far as I can tell, it went well and the symptoms I was having have gone away. But shortly after the operation, I noticed this noise in my lower abdomen - like liquid rushing from the left side of my abdomen to the right, in my small intestine. This happened on and off during the day. It was usually accompanied by diarrhea and gas. It is now August and it is still happening. My doctor said it sounded like IBS to him. I have cut out caffiene and most dairy, and it is somewhat better. My question is, since this operation is fairly common, has anyone else who had this operation found that it triggered the onset of IBS? My symptoms are not too severe yet, and I seem to be able to ease them via diet. But I wonder if it will get worse in the future, as many members here seem to have experienced.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have seen some information that abdominal surgery might sometimes be a trigger for IBS.And others have reported that sort of thing.IBS can often stay the same intensity for a long time and most people do not get as bad as many of the members here. Usually people that are doing OK do not tend to be on support boards.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.