Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else experience the following with their IBS?Some mornings I get up and feel very nauseous. I know NOT to eat a thing. I feel as if I may have a blow out or throw up at any moment. I manage to make it through these days by just not eating or drinking. I have experienced this about three different days in the past 6 weeks (no, I am not pregnant). Have you always had the same symptoms or have your symptoms changed over time?

· Registered
20 Posts
Yes--there are some mornings that I feel rather nauseous and I don't feel like eating for fear that I might have an episode or throw up-even though I rarely actually throw up--I would usually have D. Anyway, what I do is watch what I eat and take a bunch of ginger to call the nausea and take an immodium to prevent the D. I might end up eating b/c if I eat something safe like a mini plain bagel, the food calms the acid. I had a day like that yesterday--I felt nauseous all day until the evening when it finally subsided. I must have taken 10 total ginger/peppermint caps! It caused heartburn, but my stomach settled by the end of the day! I never had an attack, but I felt crappy. I think that symptoms can change over time. You can go from D to C, for example.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.