Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have had bouts of IBS in the past, but the symptoms I am having, at this time, is somewhat different. About 3 weeks ago, I had pretty intense pain that started at my belly button, then over to the right and down to the lower right side of my abdomen. After 4 days, the pain subsided, but there is still some pain in all of that area. I did go to my Dr. and he checked for a hernia, appendix, etc. and he didn't find anything. I met with my OBGYN. They did an exam and felt a thickening on my right side. They immediately set-up a pelvic ultrasound, to rule out any problems with my ovary and everything checked out fine. They said that I had a lot of fullness / activity in the area of my bowel and suggested that I increase my fiber intake. My digestive system has been disrupted due to a lot of stress with my father being recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Previously, my diet had been good. I joined Weight Watchers and have had great success with weight loss, but since my father's diagnosis, my diet has changed a lot and I have been stressed. Has there been anyone else that has had similar symptoms? After I have a bowel movement, it really doesn't affect how the pain feels in my side. I would appreciate hearing from anyone. Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the "hard" feeling in my gut when I'm stressed out too. Mostly due to a poor diet as well. Sorry to hear about your fathers medical problems. I'm a guy so it's hard for me to understand the "female" problems but just so you know, I sympathize with women. I go to every appt with my wife and I'm embarrassed for her, it all seems so invasive. Wish it wasn't that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts