Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year and a half ago I had two embarassing incidents involved loss of control of my bowels. I was distressed and spoke to a doctor immediately. All he did was prescribe tagamet which didn't really help the pain. Then I switched to prilosec. No loss of control...but I have immense cramping following bowel movements. Now it has progressed to feeling nauseous all day. Does this sound like IBS? Or something else? I'm having an ultrasound to rule out gallbladder but can't see a gastroenterologist til next month!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You are wise to see a doctor ASAP. Could be several things, and you need to check on them. Actually, I hope it isn't IBS! But keep reading posts that might help you, and give us a report after your Dr gives you some info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
madlou,Sorry you are having such a hard time. Going to see your doc is the best bet. Please let us know what's going on-hugs to you!!Kerri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any bowel and digestive problem can seem IBS. IBS comes in very differents ways. But you need to get a barium enema, stomach X-ray and a colonoscopy. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Madlou:You're doing the right thing to see a doctor. I hope you can find some relief. Let us know what they say. Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts