Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this board. Sorry this is long.I started having abdominal pains about 4 months ago which was primarily a burning in the upper abdomen. I've been on Prevacid for about 3 months, it does help with the burning, but I still occasionally get cramps, have a low appetite, low energy, and gas and bloating. I've also lost about 16lbs in the past 4 months (weight i did not need to lose). My GI doc put me on dicyclomine about 2 weeks ago and told me to take it just when i thought i needed it. Then, about a week ago i started having very intense pains in my lower abdomen which felt like a twitching and spasming. For 2-3 days it was constant, now its a twitch or spasm here and there. This week is the first time I've had that kind of pain. I took the dicyclomine, and it helped somewhat, but didn't completely stop the spasming. My doc has mentioned IBS, but I don't have any constipation or diarrhea and haven't for the past 4 months. So, my question is, can I have IBS without having one of those symptoms? Everything I read about IBS always mentions constipation or diarrhea. Does anyone here have neither of those symptoms? Thank you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The spasms are happing to me and it's not fun! I'm on Bentyl and i have to take 4pills of it a day and it's not working it used to! I haven't had constapation or Diarrhea but I have IBS to know for sure if you have it I'd suggest a colonoscopy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The spasms are happing to me and it's not fun! I'm on Bentyl and i have to take 4pills of it a day and it's not working it used to! I haven't had constapation or Diarrhea but I have IBS to know for sure if you have it I'd suggest a colonoscopy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.