Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night I had excrutiating stomach cramps. I felt like I had gas too but I couldn't pass it. I had nausea and vomitted once (that made the cramps better). I did not have diarrhea. The cramps started out mild and progressed to very bad within two hours and lasted about 3 hours after that. This happened once before a year ago and I went to the ER thinking it was my appendix. After being tested for a ct scan for appendix and ovaries, the ER doc sent me home with a diagnosis of cramps with no named cause and a prescription of bentyl. I had some pills left so I took one and I guess it helped becuase my cramps went away. This was two nights ago. I have only had mild cramps (like a dull pain that moves around, not always in the same place) If the cramps come back I plan on making an appointment. I want to ask the doc all the right questions. Does it sound like it could be IBS so I can inquire about it? I frequently get bouts of stomach aches (nothing like this though). I also frequently go to the restroom and have bouts of diarrhea and mild constipation which is why I was thinking IBS. I don't know what could have caused me such excutiating pain.

·
Registered
87 Posts
sorry to hear what is happening to you. is there a chance it could have been something you ate that might be giving you these symptons. i wouldnt jump on ibs just yet. i didnt consider i had ibs until it was a routine daily thing for a few weeks. hopefully this goes away for you and it wasnt anything major. but the frequency of diarrhea and constipation isnt good

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.