Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know what everyones symtoms of IBS is. I have IBS C but sometimes I don't have to strain and it comes out fast but not watery like diariah. I get really gassy sometimes and feel bloated 99% of the time. My stomach is very sensitive and I can feel my stomach digesting. I get spasms I think that's what you call it when you feel your intestines jump up sometimes. IBS is so annoying and I really feel the spasms at night when I'm trying to go to sleep and I get really gassy at night to. I can't wait until they find a cure for us all.

·
Registered
709 Posts
yup! my symptoms are almost identical to yours...mainly C, but i don't always have to strain and sometimes i go often, but it is always well formed...so not completely C-like symptoms...BLOATED is my middle name! (well, might as well be!)...

·
Registered
709 Posts
yup! my symptoms are almost identical to yours...mainly C, but i don't always have to strain and sometimes i go often, but it is always well formed...so not completely C-like symptoms...BLOATED is my middle name! (well, might as well be!)...

·
Registered
49 Posts
i look like im 8 months prego! i had a bad night last night and im stuck home today, not daring to go out anywhere, feels like someone jumped on my bully, just wish if they did, it would make my belly go down! LOL...

·
Registered
49 Posts
i look like im 8 months prego! i had a bad night last night and im stuck home today, not daring to go out anywhere, feels like someone jumped on my bully, just wish if they did, it would make my belly go down! LOL...

·
Registered
20 Posts
If gas is a problem you can try reducing the foods which cause gas:broccoli, raw vegetables, salads, dried peas and beans, soybeans, unpeeled apples (i.e. the apple peel), cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon, turnip, onion, green peppers, corn, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts.Oh and eat slowly - some gas is taken in when eating, and rushing food increases this. MOST importantly, take in 20-35g of fibre everyday (and start with a high-fibre cereal in the morning). Add up the grams to make sure you get enough. If you do this, then MORE importantly, a) introduce the extra fibre SLOWLY and
DRINK AT LEAST 8 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY. If you do not drink enough water (2 litres a day min) then the fibre will not work.Hope that helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If gas is a problem you can try reducing the foods which cause gas:broccoli, raw vegetables, salads, dried peas and beans, soybeans, unpeeled apples (i.e. the apple peel), cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon, turnip, onion, green peppers, corn, cauliflower, cabbage, brussel sprouts.Oh and eat slowly - some gas is taken in when eating, and rushing food increases this. MOST importantly, take in 20-35g of fibre everyday (and start with a high-fibre cereal in the morning). Add up the grams to make sure you get enough. If you do this, then MORE importantly, a) introduce the extra fibre SLOWLY and
DRINK AT LEAST 8 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY. If you do not drink enough water (2 litres a day min) then the fibre will not work.Hope that helps.

·
Registered
709 Posts
fiber makes my gas and bloating worse...
and don't say it's cuz i don't drink enough water, cuz i do!the meds i'm on might be causing a problem since they dehydrate me, so i never seem to be able to get enough liquid--maybe making it harder for me to handle fiber...?

·
Registered
709 Posts
fiber makes my gas and bloating worse...
and don't say it's cuz i don't drink enough water, cuz i do!the meds i'm on might be causing a problem since they dehydrate me, so i never seem to be able to get enough liquid--maybe making it harder for me to handle fiber...?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Everyone is different and so you will need to adjust to what amount of fibre suits you. I am still trying to figure that bit out myself! However, everything does point to the fact that fibre does make your bowel work correctly, so its an important thing to try and address if you figure out that actually you do not have that much in your diet. I am a little confused at the moment because all the books say that insoluble fibre is most effective at regulating bowel function but I came across a website yesterday (../) which seemed sure that soluble fibre is best. And it was interesting for me because one thing I have always noticed makes my IBS a little better is rice.I was on anti-spazmodics but I decided to come off them, because in my opinion its never good to rely on daily sets of pills to live (of course thats just my opinion). I am still taking PPIs because I have reflux problems which need a chance to recover.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Everyone is different and so you will need to adjust to what amount of fibre suits you. I am still trying to figure that bit out myself! However, everything does point to the fact that fibre does make your bowel work correctly, so its an important thing to try and address if you figure out that actually you do not have that much in your diet. I am a little confused at the moment because all the books say that insoluble fibre is most effective at regulating bowel function but I came across a website yesterday (../) which seemed sure that soluble fibre is best. And it was interesting for me because one thing I have always noticed makes my IBS a little better is rice.I was on anti-spazmodics but I decided to come off them, because in my opinion its never good to rely on daily sets of pills to live (of course thats just my opinion). I am still taking PPIs because I have reflux problems which need a chance to recover.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes definitely Bluebird204I usually take peppermint/ chewable rennies and/or ginger (ginger beer, biscuits or just plain ginger) or motilium. I'm a C, Bloating and Pain kind of sufferer! NB dont take the Peppermint if you get GERD!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes definitely Bluebird204I usually take peppermint/ chewable rennies and/or ginger (ginger beer, biscuits or just plain ginger) or motilium. I'm a C, Bloating and Pain kind of sufferer! NB dont take the Peppermint if you get GERD!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a lot of gas,acid reflex snd stomach is very hard and swollen dr says he does not know whats wrong could this be ibsthanks judy

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a lot of gas,acid reflex snd stomach is very hard and swollen dr says he does not know whats wrong could this be ibsthanks judy

·
Registered
654 Posts
I get a lot of the same things. I am mostly c, but don't always have to strain. Bms vary from pellets to soft longer pieces. I get ab pain on and off throughout the day, upper and lower, mostly lower. I also get pains inthe left or right sides. Sometimes pain occurs after b.m which might be due to the strain. Anyway, we all have simalar and different symptoms, it's nice to read these posts and know you are not alone.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I get a lot of the same things. I am mostly c, but don't always have to strain. Bms vary from pellets to soft longer pieces. I get ab pain on and off throughout the day, upper and lower, mostly lower. I also get pains inthe left or right sides. Sometimes pain occurs after b.m which might be due to the strain. Anyway, we all have simalar and different symptoms, it's nice to read these posts and know you are not alone.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi again, I forgot to mention that it usually takes many trips to the bathroom especially in am, to get things out. Even then sometimes I don't feel empty.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts