Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have become sick of living a life of social isolation, anxiety and an inability to do the things I once enjoyed doing. I don't want to live like this anymore...period. I am sick of doctors looking at me like I'm insane and recommending things such as adult diapers...when I'm only in my thirties. I have heard some people have had success with the treatment at the IBS Treatment Center in Seattle. Has anyone on here tried it? I was told by a doctor that some of the tests they run are not scientifically proven to be reliable...at this point I'm willing to try anything.......

·
Registered
213 Posts
I went to the IBS Tx center in December 2008 after I could barely make it without running to the bathroom every 10 mins some days. I was not able to work. I saw Dr. Wangen, he had tests done, and then I was started on his regimen of probiotics. I am now working full time again with very few flare ups. Also, I don't have to take the probiotics unless I want to or feel a need. Overall the experience was positive for me. I paid out of pocket but it was worth it to get my life back. I don't read this fourm every day so if you have questions for me and I don't respond don't get discouraged. I will respond.

G

·
I've also had a positive experience with the IBS Treatment Center. I found out most of my symptoms were caused by h. pylori, campylobacter, and hookworms. I got a treatment regimen that made sense and essentially got my life back. I'm currently being treated for yeast overgrowth to see if we can clear up my last little annoyances. My gastroenterologist was NOT helpful, so I'm really glad I decided to try something else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.