1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Its inaccurate on IBS.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I'm not sure spiritual faith or because the people posting think they are waging a spiritual battle is the best place to go for diet advice (although which diet the bible tells you to eat seems to vary, I've known some who claim pretty much the exact opposite diet, all raw fruits and vegggies is the right spiritual diet to use to cure yourself).Anything that claims to cure that many different diseases is generally not proven to do anything for any of them.That being said, some IBSers feel better on low carb diets like the one promoted here. Atkins type diets (like this one, heavy on the red meat, eggs, and cheese) commonly tend to cause constipation and stinkier than usual gas in the general population of those that follow them.K.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. You read so much these days about diets and what works and what don't. I did not care for the red meat diet they suggested. I am not a big meat eater but I do know that low cal diet is good. Alot of what they says makes sense tho.I did not see anything in the diet that suggested spiritual advice. That wasn't my intention in posting the site.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
they had this disclaimer at the bottom of the site
quote:The proper diet for healing and health preservation is argued fiercely because this is a spiritual battle. Poor health and disease can be caused by believing the worldly myths, distortions and lies about nutrition which have deceived most people.
Some of the information there is relatively correct as far as it goes, but it looks to me like they selected only the evidence that they liked (which is common)They seemed to have a very anti-organic anti-vegetarian agenda.That they use "bible" in the URL was one reason I looked to see if they said why they were using that. I'm not sure what they are using in the bible as a basis other than the "this is a spiritual fight" and that most vegetarians and organic types tend to be associated with secular humanism.I've had a few friends that went to certain churches that did the all raw mostly veggies and fruit diet because that is what Adam and Eve ate and they saw meat as something that was bad, according to that biblical theory of diet. I thought that was what this site might be until I saw the diet plan. There are a few different diets that claim some sort of biblical basis.K.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
I think a lot of the diet in biblical times was mead, wine and bread at least for the masses.Although there was quite a bit of variety of foods. "They seemed to have a very anti-organic anti-vegetarian agenda."Of course all fruits and vegetables then were organic and all meat basically free range.
This is a cookbook based on biblical foodshttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089...world/ref=nosimOf course we know IBS is not caused by, but triggered by foods. There is however other information on that site on IBS, like it is an autoimmune disorder or caused by leaky gut which is inaccurate as well.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Eric but I do not want to look at one more cook book. From what I have learned thru Bible studies, their main staple back in biblica times was Yams and not wheat but the translations turned it into bread cause that is our staple today.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
FYI Stinky"Bread has been around for over 10,000 years. The Egyptians are credited with inventing the oven and discovering leavening agents. Flour milling is credited to the Greeks. The Romans improved on the process, and then brought the art of bread making to Europe.""There is more to a loaf of bread than meets the eye. Let's think first about Romans who lived in towns or cities. By and large, they could not bake their own bread, for they had no ovens in their dwellings. Instead, they bought, or were given, an allotment of whole grain. The grain had to be converted to flour or meal, and that could be done at home, by hand, or taken to a miller. In practice, in Roman towns and cities, individual families took their whole grain to a bakery. There the grain was ground into meal, but not as fine as our flour, then mixed with water and yeast to form the dough. The dough was kneaded and formed into loaves, then baked. The owner of the grain returned some time after leaving off the dough and picked up his or her loaf or loaves of bread."

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KI see what you mean about the spiritual part . The person who gave me tha above web site gave me another and it was really weird. It gave a testimony about someone who drank nothing but water for 10 days and they body transformed into somehting spiritual. 'I did not notice that on the first web site they sent me. I did notice some links at the bottom of that first site that looked like religious stuff, but did not follow any of themEric, Well maybe that is why yams were their staple food. Wheat took to much time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.