Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TRYING TO GET THROUGH A VERY BAD BOUT OF IBS I THINK IS EXACERBATED BY GASTROENTERITIS.

HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO EAT OR DRINK WITHOUT NAUSEA, BURNING IN STOMACH, AND DIARRHEA.

HEART RATE UP IN THE I20'S AND BP DROPS TO 80/40. WANT TO SLEEP ALL THE TIME. WENT TO EMERGENCY ROOM THE OTHER DAY AND RECEIVED ONE LITER OF IV FLUIDS AND THEN WAS SENT HOME. ALL LABS NORMAL. WENT HOME FEELING THE SAME. FRUSTRATED AND VERY DEPRESSED BECAUSE ER DOC. ASKED IF I HAD ANXIETY ISSUES. SO WEAK AND IN PAIN NOW AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO TO KEEP HYDRATED.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You need to up your vit C. Eat soaked almonds and kiwi for breakfast. Take this drink after lunch (i suggest kiwi and ricotta cheese at lunch), 2 cups Cooked fresh tomato juice plus tsp of molasses. I know you are much better than your post. Be safe.

·
Community Manager
13,220 Posts
so sorry for all you've been through.

i'm surprised the ER didn't give you instructions--a print-out or something-- on staying hydrated before they sent you home. that's what the ER did for me when i ended up in there with an electrolyte crash.

i think the best thing to do would be to call the hospital--the ER--and ask for instructions on staying hydrated etc. also tell them if you are having BP and/or heart problems. or call your doctor's office--maybe you could leave a message and someone will call you back. or you could go to a walk-in clinic and ask their advice. a medical professional's advice is always best, especially with everything you have going on. if you are still feeling really bad--with BP and heart problems--or if you find it totally impossible to eat or drink anything, go back to the ER.

otherwise--for hydration..drink water of course--even better is drinking gatorade or pedialyte, drink juices, soups etc. also, eating moist food helps. food provides us with liquid too and you need to keep your nutrition up.

good luck with everything. hope you feel better soon. please do take good care of yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.