Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have full blown IBS.I am very curious to know if there's anyone else out there that is having a hard time having their spouse understand or accept it? I'm having such a problem there that I'm getting very lery of going out anywhere anymore. And I feel that he is causing my problem to over react? Am I the only one that is going through this with their spouse? I know it's hard on him but I feel that I'm the one that goes through the pain.He'll never understand?Please,I'm open for any good suggestions???????

G

·
Hi Granny,Welcome to the board. Yes this IBS thing affects my social life and our going places together. Since my hubby retired he now goes a lot of places by himself rather than just miss out on life. We neither one like it that way but I don't have much of a choice.You will find a lot of people here with the same problem.
------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

·
Registered
409 Posts
At first, my "other" didn't understand. He told me it was all in my head. Well, he's experienced first hand now exactly what happens when I eat a trigger or get stressed out, and now he's more understanding. Give your spouse some time. It might help to do "quickie" outings frequently, to places where you know where all the washrooms are. But DON'T, whatever you do, let IBS take over. It's your life, not your tummy's.Good luck!Rhetana

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
G

·
Hi Granny, I wrote the same letter to the board a few months ago. My husband thinks if I just don't worry about it everytime we go out that I would be better. He saids It's all in my head and I could control it if I wanted to. I know a lot of it is caused by stress from him and going out in the car. If you find an answer to this let me know. I got to the point that I don't want to go anywhere with him. Carole

G

·
My bouts with IBS came after my colon resection and treatment for colon cancer. So my spouse puts up with my complaints and crimped social outings with knowledge that life is precious and we are all glad I am still around. I feel bad for her that many evenings my stomach does not feel up to doing what might be romantic or fun. She is very understanding and I know I am lucky.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi everyone, I just want to say I was so happy to get so many replies to my question I sent in! You just don't now how much y'awl made my day! Now I don't feel alone and love knowing I can talk to someone that has the same problems! I want to thank: Joyce,Rhetana,Eric,Cccrboxers and Rikishi for their replies; and "ccboxers" your story fits mine to a tee! Thanks so much again, to all of you. I also can't get to the bathroom fast enough as I m a 'bk' amputee and that doesn't help! I don't know much on how to work this site so I hope you get this.------------------

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Eric, I took your advice and went to the site you suggested and really enjoyed what I read! I also made a print out of "Molly's Brochure" to show to some family and friends to read. I did have my hubby read it tonight and when he was done, I asked him: Well? What did you think of it? And he said, "I have to have more consideration!{Wow!!!} Well, that's a start! Right now I'm taking "Motofen" 3 times a day with "Citrucel" 3 times daily also. Wish me luck! I want to go watch my Grandaughter play baseball tomorrow! Thanks again~~~~~ Granny~~~~~~------------------

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Granny, glad that helped
keep reading my site and you will learn alot about IBS.Enjoy the game tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts