Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new and have just posted this somewhere else and can't find it so am posting it again in the hope someone will see it!! I've got a colonoscopy coming up in a week as my main symptom is nausea and I was so scared I'd got cancer my GP's booked me in for an urgent camera colonoscopy. The nausea is REALLY horrible. Just comes from nowhere. My stools alternate between looking like hard tiny bits of wood, soft pencil shaped ones and soft normal ones. I am concerned because I don't get abdominal pain though. Just a feeling my bowel isn't emptied properly. I haven't lost weight and I haven't lost blood. So I don't know if there is anyone else on here who has been diagnosed with IBS who has these same symptoms. I really would appreciate any help as I'm worried. Thanks, Sarah.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS is pain OR discomfort, not pain only, and not severe pain only. Even a minor ache counts as pain.Feeling like you aren't done with a BM is one of the very common discomforts of IBS that counts as discomfort for the purpose of IBS.Colon cancer is extremely rare in anyone under 50 (unless half of your family has died of colon cancer by age 45 or so) and usually is symptomless. That is why they screen for it. Usually by the time you feel anything you are a few months from death. If it caused huge symptoms the second it formed they wouldn't have to give everyone over 50 a colonoscopy to check for it and even then many of the people who they find pretty advanced cancer in had no idea anything was going on in there.IBS is very common in people under 50 (and older but very common in younger people) and causes lots of symptoms and discomforts.Here is your other threadhttp://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry773704Maintaining weight and a lack of blood points strongly to IBS and not any other Gi illness (and most of those in people under 50 that are illnesses that are NOT cancer)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Im having nausea- was just in ER last night with extreme pain in right side- CT scan showed all clear for appendicitis, diverticulitis, etc etc. sent me home with a script for bentyl. i also have fibromyalgia and sjogrens so the nausea can go with those two conditions too. i didnt used to have nausea with ibs... this is new to me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.