Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a 17 year old female, and I am frustrated, to say the least. Over the summer I had abdominal pain, discomfort, nausea, I lost weight due to lack of appetite, and it seemed as if milk products especially made my symptoms worse. I had an endoscopy and a colonoscopy (so glad I don't have to do that again for another 33 years...
) and they noticed some gastritis and a small hiatal hernia, but nothing else. They decided it must be due to my eating disorder (anorexia). Well, I have been eating 'normally' now for months, I am at a more acceptable weight, and I did not have symptoms for a few months, but for the past few weeks I have felt exhausted, nauseous, general stomach discomfort, and once again I seem to have an aversion to foods. I have no appetite, and it is hard to push myself to eat. I am losing weight, which is a scary thing to consider when people are watching that closely, and I just want to feel better. I am so exhausted, and I know that it must be partly caused by my stressful school life, I am attending an I.B. school and am taking a very frustrating online Statistics AP class. I have tried to cut out dairy and basically be vegan, and am trying to eat more organic things. I am also trying to be more aware of things that have wheat in them. Does anyone have any advice? I am just extremely uncomfortable.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Try using ginger capsules to combat the nausea. Expand your diet and your portions if they are too restricted or small.Also if you haven't been to the Dr's in a bit it might be wise to get in there and let them at least do some basic bloodwork to investigate to make sure nothing else is going on.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Were you tested for giardia?I am asking this because a lot of what you describe look like giardia symptoms, especially the lack of appetite, weight lose and the lactose intolerance. Giardia could give you lactose intolerance for a long lone time. They need to run specific tests to find it, the usual stool tests won't do...but if you do have that it's easy to get rid of it.Good luck!

·
Registered
473 Posts
A year ago I was in a stress mess. I began experiencing pain in my stomach and I quickly became aware that my brain was creating this pain to take my mind off my stress.I tackled it by laughing for a couple of minutes each time I felt stomach pain (which would occur shortly after eating). The laughter sent mixed messages to my brain. It couldn't reconcile the fact that it was trying to create pain - and yet I was laughing. My symptoms ended very quickly.I believe your symptoms are induced by stress and that you can overcome it in the same way I did.Cheers,Jackmat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.