Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to this site and this is my first post. Would like to start by saying hi to everyone.
.Ok I have been diagnosed with ibs for about 18 years now. My symptoms are mostly severe stomach cramps and diarrhea. When I was first diagnose my symptom were manageable and at 16, I think I coped better. My symptoms now are the worst they have ever been. I get symptoms every day.I have had a number of test done invasive and non-invasive and all tests have been normal, hence the ibs diagnoses.You think having it for so long I would be-able to cope and at least find some way to ease my symptoms. Well I haven't. The only thing I take is imodium, I was even having up to 8 tablets a day just to get to work. I have now finished work because I was making myself so poorly physically and mentally. I was also diagnosed with pernicious anemia and now have regular b12 injections and iron tablets. I would like to hear from anyone who is like me. Any treatment anyone can reccomend, anything. I am finding my symptoms hard to cope with, I cant remember the last time I had a normal bowel movement!!!! I'm not the person I want to be and cant be due to this condition. So any help no matter how small would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading. Polly.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Hello Polly and welcome -There definitely is HOPE and help here! Take a peek at the links below for info on the hypnotherapy - it is one of many treatment methods, but it has been very helpful for the vast majority of folks who have tried it. Feel free to ask any questions - we are all here to help!All the best to you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am always amazed that with all the very smart people out there in the scientific community that no one can come up with a medicine that will relieve the symptoms of IBS. Geez, we have pain relievers for pain but nothing for the pain and misery of the symptoms of IBS -- a very common intestinal condition. How much longer is it going to take?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I had it daily for 10 years before beginning a flavonoid supplement (red grape seed and skin, gingko, bilberry, etc.) designed for cholesterol control. It turns out that there are relationships in the way platelets behave that cause cholesterol buildups and the way platelets behave in the colon that cause D. The supplement seems to treat both. I have been pretty close to normal since the end of 1999. There is always hope.Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.