Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am new to this forum, I was told I had IBS about two years ago, I was in a job where I was very unhappy and I believe the stress of being there didn't help. I have had digestive problems since having my gall bladder removed 2007. After leaving that job my stomach seemed to settle, but on and off I can suffer from constipation quite a lot with no other symptoms, or sometimes I have to run to the toilet. Recently in the past two months, I thought I was pregnant, I was suffering with severe PMT symptoms and frequent urination. I was stressed totally about the thought of having a baby at this time in my life and that would not be good, I have one child already but there are other issues I have for not wanting another child right now. I stressed out totally, I was getting cramping pains, that did disappear, I had my period and felt better for about 2 weeks, then everything started up again, the frequent urination was one that remained constant. Now for the past month, Ive been bloated very high in the abdomen, pains in my stomach not specifically in one place, lower back pain and of course the frequent urination is still here. But Ive not noticed intense constipation or loose stools only on occasions. I was treated for a water infection but the urine test came back negative. The doctors diagnosed me with IBS again .. although im not sure how they can be sure without ruling out other things. I am very concerned about ovarian cancer as I seem to have all those symptoms.So I wanted to ask a few questions1. Is urine frequency common with IBS and can it all be related to the menstrual cycle.2. How long can IBS attacks go on for3. I am not convinced that it is IBS as my constipation or loose stools dont seem as severe as other peoples symptoms ive read.4. I do feel worse sometimes after eating, but ive not investigated into what foods react yet.5. Do IBS suffers, suffer with digestive problems heartburn and indigestion.6. Finally, would any of you consider going back to the GP and asking for more test to eliminate anything else that might be causing this.I also wanted to add that my symptoms disappear at night, apart from having to get up two times to urinate, the bloating and pains come on through the day. The bloating tends to stick around and the pains come and go.I thank anyone in advance who takes the time to reply, it would be most appreciated.Tracie

·
Registered
976 Posts
All your symptoms can be IBS, I have IBS-D and have fequent urine problems, bloating, wind and pain. Your bowel is more active at meal times, so that can explain why you feel worse at meal times. Heartburn and indigestion can also occur, as it does with me. It can also be made worse with periods. IBS attacks can be once a week, every day , once a month, it just depends, some people suffer like me every day. If you have not had anything else ruled out I would ask for more tests, just so they can eliminate anything else. Stress also can make things alot worse. Try keeping a food diary to see if any particular food makes things worse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.