Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Nice to have someone to ask about this.I don't know IBS-c from STP! But My doctorsays my pain is from Stress? I've had barrium enemas, IVP's, an endoscopy and recently hadpolyps removed from my colon. I've had diahrea-massive, cramping, want to die diahrea and than I'll be constipated and have to use a glycerin suppository. The pain is mostly in my left front. A heating pad willprovide some comfort. My Dr. has me on an antispasmodic-hycosyamine 1 time a day. Istared taking 20mg of celexa last friday andhave been in constant pain since. any feedback at all would be appreciated. My life is literally in the toilet.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Welcome Pat, Well IBS "C" is for constipation, and "D" is for diarrhea as per this BB. We could give the STPS acronym of ---t This Pooping Sucks! Just kidding. I couldn't figure what was happening to me a few years ago when my "C" switched to "D"(actually a more soft stooling dumping every 2-3 days), with cramping, bloating and a dull ache slightly lower, and to the left of my navel. This pain I had before with C when I was on birth control pills. Then the C switched when I was on antibiotics for adult-oncet acne. I found out last year, I had developed a bowel yeast infection called candida and had sensitivities to citric acid and benzoic acid. I was put on Diflucan (an antifungal). This yeast problem can develop after steroids as well as the drugs I mentioned when the symptoms started. Now I am back to C controlled by fiber-(I use finely ground flax meal in similar dosage to the OTCs(over-the- counter meds)like Metamucil and Citracil),drink plenty of liquids and stay away from sugars, white flour products, cheeses and other aged/fermented foods/preservatives. When I had the bowel spasms and stooling; I was put on levsin sl and levsinex spans. (I think you have the generic name?). Some people have luck with Equalactin, an OTC med that is supposed to equalize the amt. of -liquid in stool-making it either more solidified or less dry as necessary. (It contains citric acid though, it works, but makes me bloat up). Some people use Caltrate Plus to solidify their stool when they have loose ones, and magnesium tabs when they are constipated. At any rate, stick around, and I'm sure there will be other suggestions/tips for you. You can do a search on a topic at the top of this BB and see what you come up with too. Good luck Pat! ------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.This BB has been really helpful. If for no other reason than to show my wife that I'm not psychotic. Thanks for your input.Pat-Grampat###home.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No your not crazy! There are many of us who have the same problem as you. Stress is a factor in IBS but not the cause.I get a lot of pain on my left side from my IBS too. I take Bentyl and use a heating pad. This helps but doesn't get rid off the entire problem for me. Good luck & keep reading the other posts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.