Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to figure out if I have IBS. I have always only had about 2-3 bowel movements a week before the last month.Now out of now where I'll get bad dirrehaalot of times It has that mucus I read about.I have almost always have had a problem with consipation. I have been alittle stressed here lately, but Im only 19. My stomach has not been feeling right. I have never had a problem with dirreha before. I'll have it bad for a few days it will slack up then go away. Few days later its back. My bowel movements havent been the same for awhile. Does this sound like ibs? Im starting to get kinda worried.............

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi, sounds like ibs to me, run is past your doctor though if you havent already. Mucus is very common with ibs, do you have any blood in your stools or on the paper? I suffered with constipation for as long as i can remember, then three years ago i had a stressfull time and hey presto i was diagnosed with ibs a. I went from being constipated to having to dash to the loo every ten minutes. So yes this sounds like a classic case of ibs to me. Hopefully you'll get some more response with other suggestions. Take Care and keep your chin up. Kelly x

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi, sounds like ibs to me, run is past your doctor though if you havent already. Mucus is very common with ibs, do you have any blood in your stools or on the paper? I suffered with constipation for as long as i can remember, then three years ago i had a stressfull time and hey presto i was diagnosed with ibs a. I went from being constipated to having to dash to the loo every ten minutes. So yes this sounds like a classic case of ibs to me. Hopefully you'll get some more response with other suggestions. Take Care and keep your chin up. Kelly x

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just how my IBS started Samantha. I was normal and then a week before by 19th birthday BAM! IBS arrived. Had a lot of cramps at first, mucus and frequent sloppy plops. I managed to overcome the mucus by cutting out diary products. This also helped with frequency of bowel movements. I overcame the cramping pain by deep breathing and visualisation.I now take 2 imodium everyday and codeine as well if I am having a really bad day. You need to see you doctor though to confirm that it is indeed IBS and you can then start to concider what you want to do.Good Luck and remember your not alone.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just how my IBS started Samantha. I was normal and then a week before by 19th birthday BAM! IBS arrived. Had a lot of cramps at first, mucus and frequent sloppy plops. I managed to overcome the mucus by cutting out diary products. This also helped with frequency of bowel movements. I overcame the cramping pain by deep breathing and visualisation.I now take 2 imodium everyday and codeine as well if I am having a really bad day. You need to see you doctor though to confirm that it is indeed IBS and you can then start to concider what you want to do.Good Luck and remember your not alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.