Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just wondering if Ibsacol has a good success rate regarding pain/cramping. I went to the website and read the testimonials, but would like any info if anyone here has taken it.I don't have IBS-D or IBS-C, guess I am IBS-sludge..with predominately pain/cramping. Just want something that is natural...unlike the prescripted medication hyoscyamine or donnatal that makes me so drowsy.Thanks!Lizzie

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
i had incredible success with ibsacol. i quit taking it a few months ago because somehow or another i think i got to the root cause of my problems -- and i have only clues as to what the root cause of my 20 year misery was.however, throughout my 20 year nightmare i could not form normal stool --- and i mean NEVER. no matter what i did my stool was never formed. it was diarrhea the first 10 years or so combined with small chunks spurting out of me. the last 10 years or so it was mostly very small stool or small unformed stool with almost no peristalsis.Ibsacol was like a miracle for me. it allowed me to form normal stool.the downside was that i still had the curse of IBS. i still had poor peristalsis (although with formed stool things were actually better but not by much).i don't know about pain and cramps because i got rid of that by being on an ultra strict diet. i also think that a starvation low carb diet may have helped with pain and cramps but i am not sure.i have also suffered from multiple food allergies (non-IgE, idiosyncratic reactions --dizzyness, fatigue, asthma, cognitive dysfunction, anxiety...).Ibsacol did not help me to overcome my food allergies, but in the beginning things got so good that i was actually able to open up my diet before eventually crashing.some people still take it from a few years ago. i actually contacted some of them via email and they are still benefiting from it.if i had not stumbled on to my cure/remission (i hope it is a permanent cure!) i would still be taking it.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
one other thing, i really believe that they are correct when they claim that it might have something to do with promotind beneficial prostaglandins and leukotrienes.i have suffered from asthma most of my life and Ibsacol singlehandedly put it into remission. if you remember the singulair commercials (asthma med) they talk about blocking leukotrienes.well in my humble opinion this is just one more example of how conventional medicine (i.e., pharmaceutical controlled medicine) gets it ALL wrong. why block the bad leukotrienes with a synthetic drug when you can take a natural product that alters the ratio of good vs bad? ANSWER: because the drug companies have stockholders to answer to.better yet -- why don't they find out why there are so many bad leukotrienes to begin with.my guess is that it could be due to an exaggerated response to some organism whether it be bacteria, virus, mycobacterium, spirochete, fungi or whatever. however, this is just a guess.****************************************eric,in case you are reading this -- prostaglandins and leukotrienes run the show not serotonin. however, that is not to dismiss the role of serotonin which is obviously important but so are dozens of other chemicals and neurotransmitters.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
one other thing. the Ibsacol seemed to kick in only after i plastered my system with a large batch of various antibacterial and antifungal herbs.i started to experience horrific dieoff symptoms after taking the herbs but then i would always feel much better afterwards.i discovered that i had to keep taking the herbs in order to keep gas away. i took the herbs on a regular basis for about 9 months.i am not sure if they permanently wiped something out or what. very confused as to what exactly happened. however, i have some good evidence that i still had some highly resistant organism living inside of me that was unaffected by the herbs.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I'm on my 7th day using ibsacol & haven't seen any overt signs yet, but some people reposrt improvement after 2 weeks, others 9weeks.I'll keep you posted. Hopefully it'll further reduce intestinal inflammation!T-

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for replying! I am getting so friggen sick of waking up with pain/cramping. Seems like I have two good days out of a week without cramps. Keeping a food diary daily. Just doesn't add up when I eat the same things & sometimes it gives me cramps and other times it doesn't. Anyhow, today I was off work & stopped in at Healthy Options...there are MD's & pharmacists who are homeopathic consultants, along with a nutritionist and a herbalist as well. I made an appt...I told them I was at the end of my rope & was hoping I could get one today, but none available until Friday. Anyways, when I was telling the kind lady behind the counter that I couldn't stand the pain anymore..my eyes started watering & I started crying. I am praying for a miracle. Take care all and again thanks for replying. Lizzie

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
lizzie,you say you wake up with cramping and pain.loulou (who i thought was flux in disguise) mentioned that microscopic colitis has that identical symptom (or is MC waking up with diarrhea?).this is something that you might want to check into.

·
Registered
401 Posts
hello to you, kel and susan
Lizzie .. if you have MC, pse email to me and I can suggest using our slower more gentle auto-immune formula. It's the same fatty acids as Ibsacol, but at a very low dose with absolutely nothing else added. Excellent for Crohns and colitis of all types. Ibsacol might be too strong for you at first. Please let me know if I can help ...Kindest thoughtsdianneFor the record, I am a founding director of the New Zealand company that developed and produces Ibsacol.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kel....my GI doc diagnosed me with IBS, since he saw no inflammation. But, thanks for telling me regarding MC...maybe I do have it, but the doc who did my colonoscopy stated I only had a few poloyps and all was well. However, one of my grand-mothers had colitis (passed away of colon cancer) and a cousin has Crohns, so maybe I do...seems like my family must have crappy colons...agh! I am going to do a search on it and look at the S/S.Dianne...thanks for your post too. I will let you know something if that is what I now have...who knows.... maybe the doc took some of the valium and versed that he put me under with, when he diagnosed me....lol! P.S. I sent two emails yesterday to the Ibsacol site...where it says to contact. Haven't heard anything yet, don't know if it is for sales or for help. Thank you so much!Again, thanks to everyone. If I don't laugh..I will end up sad & crying.Lizzie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.