Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two+ years of being FDA approved. They are finally bringing it to market. I believe the reason why it took this long is because they wanted to market tenapanor to treat another disease that would have been more profitable. I'm not sure why they shifted gears, perhaps the other market didn't work out for them.

From what I've read, it's basically another secretatatogue like Linzess or Trulance. My hope is that it will be less severe and cause less D while still being an effective treatment for the C.

·
Community Manager
13,258 Posts
thanks for posting this, WGButler! appreciate it! hope you've been doing ok.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After two+ years of being FDA approved. They are finally bringing it to market. I believe the reason why it took this long is because they wanted to market tenapanor to treat another disease that would have been more profitable. I'm not sure why they shifted gears, perhaps the other market didn't work out for them.

From what I've read, it's basically another secretatatogue like Linzess or Trulance. My hope is that it will be less severe and cause less D while still being an effective treatment for the C.

Actually the advantage of Ibsrela is, that it's not a secretagogue but has a very different mode of action. The company is not competing with the secretagogues but target the patients who are not well managed by Trulance or Linzess or other drugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts