Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgot to ever post this but people with IBS are not supposed to take ibuprofen products, Motrin, Aleve, Advil, etc. Also, IBS has been known to be caused by ibuprofen in some cases.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ibuprofen products are nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs. Therefore, they should be used with care, especially in the case of people who have a history of ulcers or gastrodudenal problems. As for the connection with IBS, who knows? Nat

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ibuprofen products are nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs. Therefore, they should be used with care, especially in the case of people who have a history of ulcers or gastrodudenal problems. As for the connection with IBS, who knows? Nat

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
I am with admflo, that they are probably a trigger for IBS, they sure were for me and you should be careful with them.I know quite a few women who take alleve for periods and you may want to think about this as it could be a trigger and some people don't realize this or they take it for IBS pain.They can also cause uclers. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health/digest/sum...saids/index.htm

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
I am with admflo, that they are probably a trigger for IBS, they sure were for me and you should be careful with them.I know quite a few women who take alleve for periods and you may want to think about this as it could be a trigger and some people don't realize this or they take it for IBS pain.They can also cause uclers. http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health/digest/sum...saids/index.htm

·
Registered
517 Posts
Eric, if they are a trigger for IBS then it would explain my predicament. I used to take Ibuprofen for migraines - which I had twice a week - until I was told how bad they can be for your stomach and intestines.Should have known better
Nat

·
Registered
517 Posts
Eric, if they are a trigger for IBS then it would explain my predicament. I used to take Ibuprofen for migraines - which I had twice a week - until I was told how bad they can be for your stomach and intestines.Should have known better
Nat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.